Tuesday 3 March 2009

Design against crime_ Mike Press




Tuesday, 27 January 2009

Design against crime_ Mike Press

Looking at the process of design against crime project was very helpful to less experienced people like me. To look at a mentor’s work, always gives me inspiration. This is why I enjoy reading biographies.

Mike Press explained his team project in stages through twelve tips. It was clear what is important to do in our research. The great thing was not only the content of his project but also his presentation skills. It is amazing speech. Even though English is not my first language, I could understand what he said clearly. Confident and clear voice, impact graphics on each page of his presentation, giving time to having fun between presentation and so on ,,, Those make people respect him and proud of him as a our professor.

The first tip was ‘Yes, I can!’ I’m kind of a positive person and always try to say ‘Yes, I can!’. However, I hesitate to say ‘Yes, I can’ to others because I’m afraid that I may not be satisfied with my answer. Nevertheless, I keep trying to say, ‘Yes, I can!’ confidentially.

Especially, I agreed with Mike Press when he said, ‘Work with the best people and give them their heads’ very much. I had many experiences of group work. I know how much everything depends on who I am with. If I feel bad about someone, I can’t concentrate on my work and this would be very stressful. If I find the best people I really need, I’ll not change, even for a fortune. Well-suited people are of the greatest importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment