Tuesday 3 March 2009

Funding _ Sara Keith and Sarah Kettley




Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Funding _ Sara Keith and Sarah Kettley

Dear Mr. Noh,

I attended the Scottish Arts Council lecture by Sarah Keith and Sara Kettley this morning. It was talking about how we apply for funding in Scotland. To do research more here, I really need to get funding, so I paid attention. They showed a number of funding websites which do not suit me because I’m a international student. However, some of them accept international students as well, if their requirements are met.

You must be wondering what tips there are to apply for funding after I find out a suitable funding association. Of course, I will check my eligibility and make sure of being concise and clear in my proposal. I’ll show you before I submit them. Could you check my proposal for me? Your view through a business mind, rather than design could offer me something different in terms of advices. Check for any very small mistakes, which it is easy to miss. When you read mine, you will become a funding body, as a judge. What I focus on is what I really want to do. Remember this and check that it is clear what I say and what funding I am looking for.

To submit the perfect proposal, I try to make high quality images. Visualisation is always strong, rather than any writing, as you know. Of course, I need to be concerned about the structure of writing, to make it easily read. I know you are busy at the moment, but I wish you give me feedback as soon as possible. I’d like to submit my proposal earlier than the deadline. I am pretty sure that earlier will bring more benefit.

I feel very excited now. Can you imagine if I get a funding from the Scottish Arts Council? I have not thought about funding before because nobody mentioned it. Now, I have an opportunity to study more here, without being supported by my parents.
In fact, I’m worried about my situation. I mean, whether I can meet the requirement of the councils or not, because I’ve studied this course in Scotland since last September. Fortunately, I have a certain research topic, so I’ll do my best to make funding bodies accept me.

Thank you for reading this.
I’ll send you my proposal soon. You may look forward to reading them with pleasure.
Bye

Best RegardsJu Mi Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment