Tuesday 3 March 2009

Effective CV's _ Kirsty Miller




Tuesday, 03 February 2009


Effective CV's _ Kirsty Miller

To know how to make effective CV is useful to us in the real world.
I've written many resumes to apply to companies in Korea and I've received many resumes from applicants when I was working. I know that people always miss out small things in their CV. When I wrote my own CV, I felt it was perfect but it was not. It is difficult to find what is wrong with your own CV, however I can find out what is wrong in others quiet easily.
We looked at a sample of CV and judged how good it was. All of us were good at picking what should be fixed.
It was a good opportunity to look at somebody’s CV, as a judge. Surprisingly, I could see what was wrong, insufficient or good.
That’s why it would be better to show our CV to someone before we submit to a judge as Kirsty Miller said. Fiona showed us her CV. I think she was brave. It was good decision for her. Whenever I’m not sure about something, I’d better show or ask someone and take their advices.
By the way, some requirements were different from in Korea, as here, there is no requirement for photos and personal hobbies, or at least, only those that one work related. The layout of a CV is more casual, rather than restrictive and dull. It was helpful information to a Korean and maybe to all of international students as well.
It is good to know what is an effective CV, which will give a good first impression to judges.

No comments:

Post a Comment