Tuesday 3 March 2009

Reflective Journal _ Jonathan Baldwin and Hazel White

Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Reflective Journal _ Jonathan Baldwin and Hazel White

What is a reflective journal? I am beginning to understand, through the writing process. We look back on what we have been doing so far and how helpful it is for our research. Through the reflective journal, my thinking is getting clearer, more reliable and better organised. Jonathan and Hazel give us tips about reflective journals. They suggest the concept of writing letters in the form of a story about what has been learned. I have got it now!
A letter? Yes! Now it is much easier to understand how to write a reflective journal.

What is my writing style? I am used to taking a long time to write something because I This is especially true, when I write something in English; I try to think in English, not Korean and then start to write in English. Nonetheless, even when I do not know the correct English words to explain my thinking, I still try to use in English, by using a dictionary. This is because, the translation of Korean sentences into English is sometimes harder or misleading, when using a dictionary.

By the time I was feeling more comfortable with journals, we looked at Jo’s blog. It was a very good experience to have a look at the efforts of others. We found out how to improve her blog, through objective eyes. Furthermore, I decided to use a Blogger, like Jo’s, for my reflective journal. It looks well organised and I can share it with all of my classmates’ Bloggers, more easily. To have a look at others work is very helpful to me, as a international student. I can learn the words they use to describe the same thinking as me or what they think about the lecture we listened to together. I learn from their blogs something I may have missed in the lecture.

I tell myself that I will try to write regularly, in order to become better.

No comments:

Post a Comment