Sunday 12 April 2009

Between work & trip

Friday, 03 April 2009 Wednesday, 08 April 2009

work before trip

Half of our group are going to travel to Spain and Italy during the Easter break. This plan is to have as its inspiration, Gaudi’s works in Barcelona and the international design fair in Milan. Well… It is not the best of timing since I have so much work to do. More than half of classmates already cancelled their trip. What I am trying to do is balance both, my work and the trip.

Chris and I decided to try to finish the ‘funky town’ project in advance, before we leave. We usually work together. I prefer this way because I sometimes need some help to progress our project. Chris is a buddy and also, one of my study advisors. Whenever I am in trouble, I ask him for help and he helps me out of difficulties. Thank you so much, Chris!
Oh! Actually, all of my classmates are so nice to me, too! I could not manage my work without their help. I always appreciate that of everyone.

I am afraid that if that my talking is getting away from the point at the moment. So, how can we create better communities through cultural events? We had an enjoyable chat about what happened in our own countries. I enjoyed talking about this topic. Comparing different countries for one topic is an exciting subject for me. My mind is always open to learn something new. This is also the reason why I am here. Chris’ point was related to how to bring reconnected communities to a city like New York, where he had previously lived. My point, as a Korean, was how to create a community to bring together all the generations.
Let’s go back to work. Our proposal seems very good so far. We have almost completed the ‘Funky town’ proposal. Let me think of how to present it! I remember that the presentation for the 2108 project was so much fun. Our group enjoyed preparing the presentation, as much as the real presentation time. I hope that the ‘Funky town’ presentation will be as enjoyable as the title suggests!! We should not disappoint them. Ok. We are ready to leave now. Let’s get grand inspiration for ‘Funky town’ from these exciting cities!

No comments:

Post a Comment