Sunday 12 April 2009

Tutorial with Hamid Van Koten

Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Tutorial with Hamid Van Koten

Our group had tutorials with Hamid for two weeks. His research background is also concerned with ‘Connected Communities’. In the first tutorial, we showed him our drafts and he started to talk quietly. He picked out the main points we missed, in comparison with the ‘Project Checklist’ document which Tom had produced. Rob recorded every word Hamid said, by typing on his laptop. Chris and Fi are such amazing speakers. I think that I need more confidence to speak in front of people, especially in, more formal situations, even if I do not yet speak English fluently. I am sometimes afraid that I may give the wrong answer because I don’t always understand what people say or I may repeat something someone has already said. In this time, I was very quiet, which, for me, is abnormal! I am still managing to improve my English. And therefore, I look forward to speaking at the next tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment