Sunday 12 April 2009

Funky Town

Tuesday, 03 March 2009

Funky Town
Group work _ Tom Inns


All of our team had the same thinking that the topic should be enjoyable. For this reason, we made the memorable title, ‘Funky Town’. Everybody has heard our title only once but, they have already memorised it. Now, we need find out how to capture the true essence of the project from the title.

"Funky Town: How to Stimulate Social Vigor through Cultural Events".

‘Post-it-holic’

Today’s lecture was on how to calculate costs for research and Gantt chart activities. Tom provided chart papers and tiny post-it. I enjoy using post-it as a method of design process. I feel free with it for the reason that I can take it on and off whenever I want. Even although it is just a small tool, it could change people’s minds. I have noticed that many people in the UK, use post-it frequently, if they possess a mobile phone. I call this ‘Post-it-holic’. This word I made may be Korean-English but in my view, it is true.



Three days later, we met again in the MDes studio to progress our funky town project. While we were working, we listened to funky town song. It gave inspiration regarding how important community togetherness is, as our members and even other groups in our studio, felt so good.

Costs
When we thought about the costs of our research, this reminded me of my former work experiences. Of course, I should be concerned about the costs of design work and I know people point to ‘Less cost, more profit’. This is very important to know, when you work in design fields.

When applying for funding, we must not only emphasise the value and contribution of our proposal but also, provide a detailed and realistic costing.

No comments:

Post a Comment